Cantera is a library for performing thermodynamics and chemical kinetics calculations. It implements much of the bookkeeping functionality that makes solving kinetics problems so tedious, and does so with rigor.
Cantera is a moving target. Since I began making notes on Cantera, it has gone through at least four different build systems, each completely different (autoconf, pybombs, scons, and now spack, with a fork that used cmake). The dependencies have likewise expanded to include boost, eigen, scons, fmt, cython, and numpy. This greatly increases the number of libraries that can potentially break Cantera (see e.g. https://github.com/Cantera/cantera/issues/470).
All of this means that Cantera is as frustrating as ever to build, and it also means that many pages of notes on this wiki covering Cantera are now obsolete.
The pages linked to on this page contain a lot of assorted notes about Cantera. The current version of Cantera, 2.1, broke backwards compatibility, so some of the notes you see will no longer work because they were written for Cantera 2.0. More recently I have made it a point to specify which version of Cantera my notes refer to, so if you don't see any information, you can assume it is for version 2.0.
Pages in category "Cantera"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- Cantera Config/MountainLion SconsConfig
- Cantera Config/Ubuntu1204 SconsConfig
- Cantera for Catalysis
- Cantera Gas Mixing
- Cantera Lecture
- Cantera Multiphase Zero-D
- Cantera One-D Domains
- Cantera Outline
- Cantera Outline/Brief
- Cantera Preconfig
- Cantera Preconfig/Leopard Preconfig
- Cantera Preconfig/Snow Leopard Preconfig
- Cantera Resources
- Cantera Stacks
- Cantera Structure
- Cantera/Adding Python Class
- Cantera/Adding Python Class Via C++
- Cantera/Adding Python Classes
- Cantera/Adiabatic Flame Temperature Dilution
- Cantera/CTI Files
- Cantera/CTI Files/Phases
- Cantera/CTI Files/Reactions
- Cantera/CTI Files/Species
- Cantera/Debugging Cantera
- Cantera/Debugging Cantera from Python
- Cantera/Diffusion Coefficients
- Cantera/Extending C API
- Cantera/Integral and Differential Reactors
- Cantera/Isothermal and Nonisothermal Reactors
- Cantera/Kinetic Mechanisms
- Cantera/Reaction Rate Source Terms
- Cantera/Reactor Equations
- Cantera/Sensitivity Analysis
- Cantera/Surface Coverage
- Cantera/Surface Reactions
- Cantera2 Config
- Chemical Equilibrium