Current stage: spy project (preparing Dockerfiles, testing additional components before yeti deployment)
AWS writeup for DIB lab group: AWS Writeup
Amazon VPC and VPN
- set up private test node with vpc
- if no internet gateway, how can we update? if have internet gateway, can anyone accses necessarily?
- networking patterns - private and public subnet, single public subnet, one gateway with internet for mult. subnets
- use this as a testbed for banana pi hardware
monitoring and dashboards
- adding python metrics: https://github.com/firehol/netdata/blob/master/python.d/sensors.chart.py
- workflow? need to restart?
- accessing via api - nomenclature/special considerations
- file size, download progress, etc. from python
- how to structure data directory
- on the 1st of the month:
- find any data older than 1 month
- archive it and put it in a bucket
- purge data from system
- building more complex dashboards
- sharing dashboards
toy problem goal
sourmash - dive into the source and instrument it.
Python signals library - send a signal 10 to the running program, and that bumps it into the netdata state, where it grabs values of different variables?
focus on greenfield deployments - install netdata, collect stats, visualize them
wiki edits calendar visualizationhttps://charlesreid1.com/wiki_calendar and D3/Calendar
git calendar visualizationhttps://charlesreid1.com/git_calendar and D3/Calendar
game of lifehttps://charlesreid1.com/life and D3/Life
- leaflet maps with click behavior
- leaflet maps linked to c3/d3 charts
- twin linked leaflet maps
- wikipedia article edit calendars
- dates... color dimension, pref. binary...
Fix a shrubbery
Also see D3x10
- Project Euler/502
- D3/Life visualization
- bootstrap table presenting results of Rubik's Cube investigation - Rubiks Cube/Bootstrap
Still chuggin with the charlesreid1 spreadsheet. Slogging through the litany of wiki pages. Google Sheets. https://charlesreid1.com:3000/charlesreid1/charlesreid1-awesome
With the deployment of charlesreid1 bot, we want to take the time to do it more thoroughly:
- bot instrumentation
- monitoring bot status
- display latest tweet
- bot dashboard built with grafana
- incorporate lunar surface dialogue
- link to apollo 11 audio: https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/a11_audio_db.html
- Spacelog (mercury, gemini, pre-11 apollo missions): http://spacelog.org/
- apollo surface journals: https://history.nasa.gov/alsj/main.html
- Photos cropped/organized by family
Notes - A2k11
- Notes - R2k11
- Notes - A2k17
- Notes - K2k17
- Notes - R2k17
- Send email to fam with link on Dropbox
- Pauline and Bruce chapters
- Historical research planning
test backup and restore scripts
automate automate automate
- use an AWS node or a GC node to actually test the backups, start to finish.
- creating a second node that's a complete and total backup of the first.
- in the process of doing this, we're going to have a lot of questions to answer and software to fix.
- letsencrypt certificate generation
We are one step toward that goal with scripts that are automating site updates, committing to git repos, pulling latest versions of data, etc.
Now that we are familiar with subprocess for non-trivial tasks, we can move forward with scripts to automate testing.